Friday, October 3, 2008

Thursday - Day 4

Since we did not post yesterday I thought I would update. He had a very big day. We had lots of wonderful family and friends come to visit. They took out his pacing wires as Tom had mentioned on Wednesday. So yesterday we took out the drainage tubes. John was given more morphine to give him a quick short help with his pain. They were removed really quickly - but it is some what of a messy procedure. John did very well - took a great big breath - as did Mama - I actually gasp. Then forgot to breath - John yelled at me "Mama breath :)" We got the mess cleaned up. The tubes diconnect like a purse string - they pull out closures to close the hole and then you just tie off the strings. He did well - he just wants to watch every thing they do. From there he was really tired and slept from 3pm-6pm. We got him some dinner and he actually got up out of the bed to potty and we made it to the door of the room to walk down the hall and he was tired. So we watched my movie - Tom and I have to be CPR trained before we leave - they won't discharge him until we are. So since Tom already is certified I just had to take a short video course and then use a dummy to demonstrate I could save John if I have to. Funny thing is I kept my certification up until I had Abigail - well that really is when you need it most - when you have a child in your care every day. So I am back to certified and will keep it that way! He did CPR on his animals while he watched me do it on the dummy. So if you all have a stuffed animal that needs CPR - John is your man :)

Love to all,
Angela

No comments: