Last week went well. John started the week by telling me that he did not want to have to look at me for another 41 days - in which I returned the sentiment and expained that it is only 21 days anyway:) He is getting tired of being stuck in the house. But Monday my cousin Mary Margaret watched him while I went with Caleb and his class to the Pumpkin Farm and then Wednesday Daddy keeps him so I can go to my Disciple Bible Study. He was happy to be with someone other than me and it gave us a nice break from each other. Don't get us wrong - John and I love each other to death - it's the death part that gets tricky:) No just kidding - I would do all this for him if I was able to take his place and he knows it. He just misses his classmates and Caleb so much! I will miss him dearly when he has to returns to school - this time despite the reason for it- I have truly enjoyed our special time together.
Fall break fell at the end of the week and over the weekend so he was happy to have playmates and company. Takes alot of supervision but it was good for them all.
Monday we returned to our regular schedule. Yesterday, Tuesday, was not his best day by far. It started with some vomiting and nausea along with a really pale coloring. I checked him for fever - never had one and the incision looks fine. He ate for me regular at lunch and dinner so I tried not to worry anymore. Today seems to be better but he is still pale. He needs to rest more and is getting tired more. Hopefully that is just beacuse of increased activity.
His follow up with the surgeon is Monday the 27th and then with Cardio the following week. Please continue to pray that John stengthens each day and that this little bout will pass quickly. Please also pray for us on Monday as we will see the surgeon and find out whether or not there is a chance he needs a pace maker. I pray despratly that he does not knowing that he may have to and that God's will will be done - I just hate for him to have to go through another heart surgery.
Thank you all for the meals, cards, prayers, gifts and mostly your love and friendship. They are what sustain us.
Love to all,
Angela and Thomas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure he'll be fine, he probably does need to rest...Can't wait to see you all in December!
K
Post a Comment